Sunday, September 27, 2026

Why Do People Lie? A refreshed I Got Issues reflection


Back in 2012, I wrote this piece with a lot of fire. I still believe honesty matters. But now, after more years of watching people, including myself, I see it's a little more complicated. People lie for so many reasons. Fear, like fear of disappointing someone. Shame, like not wanting to be seen as weak or messy, and sometimes it's about control, steering how someone else reacts.

But the cost adds up. Lies strain trust, even small ones, and once that trust breaks,repair can be slow, sometimes impossible.repair can be slow, sometimes impossible. I'm just saying,  #igotissues, what about you? 🦋 

And if you'd like to revisit the original, revisit the old post here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why Do People Lie? A refreshed I Got Issues reflection

Back in 2012, I wrote this piece with a lot of fire. I still believe honesty matters. But now, after more years of watching people, includin...