Thursday, September 24, 2026

Silence Isn't Quiet. Sometimes It’s Louder Than Noise.


I just got back from my fourth silent retreat, and once again I'm reminded why I believe people should experience something like this at least once because it can be life-changing.


Imagine stepping away from technology, people, responsibilities, the constant hustle and bustle. No phone, no social media, no television, no outside noise competing for your attention. Just you, nature, your thoughts, your breath, and your body. For those days, aren't checking your phone or rushing around. You begin noticing things. Sometimes, even the silence feels noisy. The amplified sounds of spoons knocking plates, chairs dragged across the floor, or the deep sigh of someone who can't speak. And in that quiet, mindfulness sneaks in. You start moving differently. Lifting the chair instead of dragging it. Handling your spoon gently, moving with more care. 

That awareness doesn't have to stay at a retreat. You can bring it home. More presence, more attention to the little things. And maybe that is the real lesson, sometimes we don't need more noise more conversations or more distractions.


Sometimes, we just need to be still long enough to hear. And that's an issue worth paying attention to. I'm just saying, I got issues. What about you? 🦋 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Silence Isn't Quiet. Sometimes It’s Louder Than Noise.

I just got back from my fourth silent retreat, and once again I'm reminded why I believe people should experience something like this at...