For a long time, I thought being a good partner meant making sure the other person was happy. I would focus on what they wanted to do, what made them happy, what they needed, and what I could do to make things work, even when the effort wasn't matched.
What I didn't understand then is that I'm part of the relationship too. I have needs, I have wants, I have to matter too. A relationship shouldn't be one person constantly giving. There has to be balance. You should be willing to give but not lose yourself. And sometimes we're carrying old hurt into new situations. That's when self-reflection becomes important. What am I looking for in a relationship? What am I willing to give? What am I willing to accept? And maybe most importantly, what have I been accepting that I shouldn't have been?
People aren't responsible for our happiness. Healthy relationships need space, boundaries, and individuality. I'm just saying, I got issues. What about you? 🦋

No comments:
Post a Comment