Tuesday, June 16, 2020

T-Mobile Network Outage

Woke up yesterday to no phone service - so inconveniencing. I tried calling #tmobile customer service to no avail.  First call was met with a recording that they were experiencing technical difficulties and advised customers try their call again later. Other call attempts were met with "all circuits are busy". Then subsequently calls would fail to process all together - calls would just not go through. Sporadically I got notifications that I had voice mail but could not access them either. 

I would later learn that it was a country wide network outage. Perhaps it was a necessary outage for them to implement the widely anticipated 5-G platform/network they have been raging about.

Anyway, just before midnight I got a slew of text messages from people complaining that their calls to me were not going through. Based on greeting I ascertain they were sent earlier in the day. I called customer service today to request a credit for the no service period and the rep was very apologetic and more than happy to offer a credit to my account for the inconvenience.

I know a lot of people probably thought their phone was the issue and tampered with the settings. So I made a suggestion to the customer rep for upper management. I figured they became aware of the network outage at some point. Perhaps they could use the same or similar platform that state authorities uses to send out mass Amber alerts or curfew reminders to cell phone users in the event something like this happens again. They can use it to send a notice to let customers know the network is down.  This would really be helpful especially when customer service can not be reached. You may think this is impossible if the network is down but not necessarily. While the calling feature was impacted apparent emails and texting worked sporadically. Not sure how but it did.

I'm not sure if they will automatically apply a credit to customer's account since it was a network outage, so my advice is, if T-Mobile is your cell phone carrier, call them and request a credit for rhe day in question.  Better to call than get left out. I'm just saying - I got issues, what about you?)i(

© Copyrights All Right Reserved
 The views and opinions shared here are by the Author and are the property of I Got Issues, Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday - Not Really Holy

I'm sitting here thinking about Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday and wondering about their true origin. I mean what does bunny rabbits ...