Monday, January 25, 2021

Stop Body Shaming Yourself


Sometimes I hear people say things about themselves that are not flattering ie, my stomach too big, I feel bloated, I don't have a butt, I need to lose weight, I don't like how I look, etc. I use to be guilty of that too. The more I focused on what I thought was wrong with me, the worst I felt. Not only that, it seems like no matter what I did to try and fix it, my efforts were in vain. Mostly because what I thought needed to be fixed was not broken. It was just the way I was. It wasn't like I could physically change what I thought was wrong without undergoing some sort of surgery.  

So I had to learn to start focusing on the stuff I liked about myself. In time I even learned to embrace my "flaws" as it were. Then I decided that they really weren't flaws at all. Everything about me is me. The things I considered flaws were what others conditioned me to believe were flaws. Who I am is no longer defined by what others think of me but more about how I feel about me. I learned to embrace and love everything about me - stretch marks and all. Truth is how you view yourself only magnifies how you think others view you. Stop being so hard on yourself.

They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It all starts with you. Forget about what other people think is beautiful. Start a love affair with yourself and start flattering yourself with kinder words. Look yourself in the mirror and find something to admire about yourself. Resist the urge to say unflattering things about yourself even in jest. Your body reacts and respond to words just like your mind does. Just like how you don't like it when someone says anything bad to you, why do you think it is any different when you say it to yourself?

As you learn to love on yourself the most amazing thing will happen - your body will start to evolve. Every cell in your body will start reacting to that love. Before long your self confidence will improve. Then it will happen. One day you will look in the mirror and the only thing you will see is beauty staring back at you.

Let's face it, what we consider to be beautiful and flawless was shaped by what we see on TV or on the cover of a magazine. Anything less is considered unattractive.  Change your definition of "beautiful" to include yourself because you are just that - beautiful. I'm just saying. I got issues. What about you?)i( 

#igotissues #yahsdaughter863 #yaminah89 #ilovebnme #selfcare #selflove #bodypositive #nice #loveyourself #doyou #beautiful #beauty #ilikeme #flawsandall 



© Copyrights All Right Reserved
 The views and opinions shared here are by the Author and are the property of Todos Escribe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday - Not Really Holy

I'm sitting here thinking about Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday and wondering about their true origin. I mean what does bunny rabbits ...