Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Vitamix Blender - Not metal friendly

 


This morning I made my breakfast smoothie as usual using my Vitamix blender. To clean it I add a bleach tab and warm sudsy water in the dish pan and then pour it into the blender as I tend to use that water as my dishwashing water afterwards. As the blender was engaged I heard a clicking sound and became quite concerned. When I examined the water as I poured it out I discovered bits and pieces of metal. Knowing that the only solid thing I put in the blender was the bleach tablet I immediately accused that was the culprit. "But how can that be?" I thought to myself. The bleach tablet is made of power. It got more confusing as I washed the dishes only to discover more metal particles that clearly was more than the bleach tablet. Still confused I continued to rinse and dry the dishes. That's when I noticed the cap to the mason jar was missing a lid. As I inspected the metal fragments I pulled from the dishwater I realized that they were in fact from that missing lid. Somehow I missed it while pouring the dishwater into the blender.



I bought the Vitamix years ago as an alternative to the juice machine as I realized I was loosing a lot of the nutrients in fruits and vegetables by using a juicer. Since the Vitamix came highly recommend as a source to grind those fibers into water consistency I was sold. Now I have discovered, purely by accident, that it can also blend metal I had to share. I don't think I will ever need to blend up metal but it's good to know. I'm just saying - I got issues, what about you?)i(

#igotissues #yaminah89 #yahsdaughter863 #vitamix #vitamixblender #smoothie #simplythebest #amazingfacts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday - Not Really Holy

I'm sitting here thinking about Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday and wondering about their true origin. I mean what does bunny rabbits ...